Trying to work out if you need to file a US tax return? We know that making sense of the huge amount of information online can be difficult, so we’re here to help.

All US citizens and permanent residents (Green Card holders) are considered to be tax residents of the USA, regardless of where in the world they reside. This means that a tax return must be filed annually to the IRS to report your worldwide income.

But don’t worry, there’s no need to back-file years and years of tax returns, rather there are amnesty programs available which require just the last three years of tax returns to be filed. With correct return preparation and professional help, less than 10% of our clients have tax to pay.

If you’re a non-US citizen but have US income, click here for information tailored to your circumstances.


It can come as a shock to many, to discover that US citizens need to file tax returns whilst living overseas. This is true, and it is something which has gradually become more and more noticeable to US citizens over the last few years.


If you’ve just discovered you might have an obligation to file tax returns in the USA, you might be wondering what the next steps are, and what are your options.


What is an FBAR? This is a very widely used Google search term, and something which leaves many US expatriates scratching their heads.


US Global Tax Ltd is an expatriate tax practice, specialising in US tax compliance. Assisting thousands of US citizens over the years, our firm has become known for its expertise in the field of both Australian – US and NZ – US taxation.


Did you know that any individual with US income or investments may have an obligation to file a US tax return, regardless of their citizenship?


Read through our information and ready to get started? Fortunately, at US Global Tax, we’ve got a straight forward process to get the ball rolling.